Do you find yourself occasionally tossing and turning at night because it’s just too hot? To keep your cool even on the warmest days of the year, try these helpful pointers:
- Keep your bedroom dark: To prevent heat build-up during the day, keep your blinds closed so the sun is not beaming into your bedroom. The more sunlight you have in your room, the hotter it will become.
- Lower the temperature: Air conditioning is ideal for those hot summer nights and can quickly cool your room down. If turning up the A/C is not an option, add a small fan to your bedroom or open your windows to create a cool breeze.
- Take a shower or bath: After being in the heat all day, the last thing you want to do is jump into bed feeling hot and sweaty. Before you go to sleep, take a refreshing shower to lower your body temperature.
- Wear light, comfortable clothes: Put away the heavy, flannel pajamas. Wear light, breathable clothing to prevent your clothes from sticking to you.
- Evaluate your mattress: Make sure you are sleeping on a comfortable mattress that is designed to dissipate heat and whisk it away from the body. For instance, Serta’s new iComfort Directions™ mattresses feature four exclusive technologies designed to balance comfort, support and temperature regulation.
For more advice on how to get a better night’s sleep – even during the hottest months of the year – check out the National Sleep Foundation’s article, “Sleeping When it is Blistering Hot” and share your personal tips in the comments below.
Are you having difficulty falling asleep at night? Are you awake because you are constantly tossing and turning? According to the National Sleep Foundation 2012 Bedroom Poll, 4 in 10 (41%) report problems with tossing and turning at least a … Continue reading
Our new iComfort® Directions™ gel memory foam mattresses are now available for purchase at Serta retailers across the United States. These new mattresses represent our latest advancement in sleep technology, and have been designed from the surface to the core … Continue reading
Do you have a loved one keeping you awake all night because of their disruptive snoring? Or are you the one keeping others awake? Here are six tips to reduce snoring for a better night’s sleep. Sleep … Continue reading
Your bedroom is designed to be the most comfortable place in your home — somewhere for you to relax and settle down after a long, tiring day. In order for your bedroom to be a haven for rejuvenation, you should … Continue reading
We all know that sleep and exercise are needed for a healthy lifestyle, but did you know that the more exercise you get, the better you sleep? The National Sleep Foundation 2013 Poll found a significant correlation between exercise … Continue reading