Do you speak multiple languages? Are you a fan of war movies and westerns? Do you believe in ghosts? Each of the Serta Counting Sheep has a unique personality…just like you! Which sheep is most like you? We want to know!
Tweet and win!
Send a tweet telling us which Counting Sheep is most like you and why and you’ll be entered to win a collectible Serta Counting Sheep plush toy! We’re giving away 15 collectible Serta Counting Sheep plush toys to one lucky winner each day for 15 days.
To enter, tweet which Counting Sheep you are most like and why followed by the hashtag #SheepLikeMe. For example, a qualified tweet might say: Serta Sheep #9 because I love practical jokes #SheepLikeMe.
Each day, Serta will randomly select a winner from qualified entries from the previous day. Participants must follow @SertaMattresses on Twitter in order to enter. One winner per day will receive a collectible Serta Counting Sheep plush toy!
Learn more about each of the Counting Sheep’s personalities, interests and hobbies here. Then, tweet your answer to be entered to win!
The sweepstakes will run from April 11, 2014, through April 25, 2014, exclusively on Twitter.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Serta Sheep Like Me Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 2:00 p.m. CDT on April 11, 2014, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CDT on April 25, 2014 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
SPONSOR: Serta, Inc., 2600 Forbs Avenue, Hoffman Estates, Illinois 60192 (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter, Inc. All inquiries, questions, comments, or complaints should be directed to Sponsor, not Twitter, Inc.
AGREEMENT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in the Sweepstakes, all entrants fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prizes (described below) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
ELIGIBILITY. Legal residents of the 50 United States, and the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding residents of Quebec), who are the age of majority or older are eligible to enter, except (i) employees of Sponsor, and any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion and/or their respective agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and members of their immediate families or persons residing at the same address; or (ii) individuals who entered a promotion sponsored by Sponsor and received a promotion prize valued at $600 or more during the period of April 11, 2013 through April 10, 2014.
HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Sweepstakes Period tweet which Counting Sleep you are most like and why. To be considered a qualified entry, entrants must be following @SertaMattress, and must also include the hashtag #SheepLikeMe. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, mutilated, late or misdirected entries.
Limit one entry per person per day. Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Attempts by the same individual to submit multiple entries by using multiple Twitter accounts may result in disqualification, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account submitted at the time of the entry.
PRIZES AND THE VALUE OF THE PRIZES.
Fifteen (15) Daily Prizes: Each Prize winner (“Winner”) will receive one (1) Serta Counting Sheep Plushie. The approximate retail value (ARV) of the First Prize is $4.25.
ARV of all prizes is $64. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded.
TIMING OF DRAWINGS AND NOTIFICATION TO WINNERS. Each day Sponsor will randomly a select winner in a random drawing consisting of all qualified entries from the previous calendar day. The drawing will be conducted as follows.
Daily Prize Winner Selection: One Daily Prize winner will be selected, from among all eligible entries received the previous day, in a random drawing (each a “Drawing”) to be held on the dates set forth below (each a “Drawing Date”). The drawings will be conducted by Sponsor or its designee, the judges of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Non-winning entries will not be carried over into subsequent Daily Prize drawings.
|Drawing||Start Date/Time||End Date/Time||Drawing Date|
|1||4/11/14; 2:00:00 p.m. CDT||4/11/14; 11:59:59 p.m. CDT||4/14/14|
|2||4/12/14; 12:00:00 a.m. CDT||4/12/14; 11:59:59 p.m. CDT||4/14/14|
|3||4/13/14; 12:00:00 a.m. CDT||4/13/14; 11:59:59 p.m. CDT||4/14/14|
|4||4/14/14; 12:00:00 a.m. CDT||4/14/14; 11:59:59 p.m. CDT||4/15/14|
|5||4/15/14; 12:00:00 a.m. CDT||4/15/14; 11:59:59 p.m. CDT||4/16/14|
|6||4/16/14; 12:00:00 a.m. CDT||4/16/14; 11:59:59 p.m. CDT||4/17/14|
|7||4/17/14; 12:00:00 a.m. CDT||4/17/14; 11:59:59 p.m. CDT||4/18/14|
|8||4/18/14; 12:00:00 a.m. CDT||4/18/14; 11:59:59 p.m. CDT||4/21/14|
|9||4/19/14; 12:00:00 a.m. CDT||4/19/14; 11:59:59 p.m. CDT||4/21/14|
|10||4/20/14; 12:00:00 a.m. CDT||4/20/14; 11:59:59 p.m. CDT||4/21/14|
|11||4/21/14; 12:00:00 a.m. CDT||4/21/14; 11:59:59 p.m. CDT||4/22/14|
|12||4/22/14; 12:00:00 a.m. CDT||4/22/14; 11:59:59 p.m. CDT||4/23/14|
|13||4/23/14; 12:00:00 a.m. CDT||4/23/14; 11:59:59 p.m. CDT||4/24/14|
|14||4/24/14; 12:00:00 a.m. CDT||4/24/14; 11:59:59 p.m. CDT||4/25/14|
|15||4/25/14; 12:00:00 a.m. CDT||4/25/14; 11:59:59 p.m. CDT||4/28/14|
Winners will be notified by Sponsor by tweet and/or direct message within three (3) days after each day’s drawing and will asked to provide his her full name, shipping address, phone number and email address. In order to receive a direct message from Sponsor, you must (a) be following @SertaMattress on Twitter and (b) have your account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public.”
If a Winner fails to respond to Sponsor’s direct message within two (2) days of the message, the Winner will be disqualified and no alternate winner will be selected. Delivery of the prizes will be coordinated with each Winner by the Sponsor.
In addition to the above, in the event a Canadian resident is a Winner, he/she must first correctly answer, unaided and without mechanical or electronic assistance a time-limited testing question administered by email or telephone. Failure of a Canadian potential winner to correctly answer the skill-testing question in the time allotted will result in a disqualification. In the event a Canadian Winner is disqualified no alternate winner will be selected.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
ODDS OF WINNING. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received from all entry methods.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes entrants agree that: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant(s) and Sponsor and its agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Entrant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes, or awarding of the prizes, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the State of Illinois and entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or awarding of the prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
OTHER. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for entries it is unable to process due to network, hardware or other technical failures, or any other reason, or incomplete, damaged, misdirected, illegible, stolen or lost entries. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the web site or otherwise, in violation of the rules. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any non-conforming entries. Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or modify this promotion if not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, technical corruption, non-authorized human intervention or force majeure. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to select Winners from among all eligible entries received prior to date of cancellation. The use of automated entry systems or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. In the event of a dispute regarding online entry, entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of an established e-mail account associated with the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
GENERAL. Except where prohibited by law: (i) entry constitutes permission and a license to use entrant’s submission in tweets, in advertising and on web sites including Sponsor’s website and third-party social media websites; and (ii) entry constitutes permission to use each Winner’s name, hometown, voice, likeness, photograph and any statements regarding this Sweepstakes for editorial, public relations, promotional and advertising purposes on behalf of Sponsor without compensation. By participating and winning a prize, Winners release Twitter, Inc., Sponsor, and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability with respect to the prize won and participation in the Sweepstakes, subject to all federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Taxes on prizes are sole responsibility of Winners. For Winners’ names, available after May 31, 2014, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Serta Inc., 2600 Forbs Avenue, Hoffman Estates, IL 60192 Attn: Serta Sheep Like Me Sweepstakes Winners. VT residents may omit return postage. Requests must be received no later than June 15, 2014.
Ahh spring…fresh air, longer days, and the motivation to start anew. This spring, Serta encourages you to start living a healthier, better life. Looking to get a Wellness Reboot? Start here:
- Get active. Easier said than done. It can be difficult to find the motivation to get moving, but with warmer weather and more hours of daylight, it’s the best time of the year to get into the habit of exercise. Start with something small like a walk during your lunch break or in the evening. You’ll find the fresh air does your mind good, and you’ll sleep better at night too.
- Bring in the freshness. Incorporate fresh and natural scents into your home, particularly into your bedroom. Opening the windows is the easiest way to let in fresh air. Keep a window open during the day or during a cool evening to let in a burst of sweet spring scents like new grass or blooming trees. Try adding a bouquet of fresh flowers to a nightstand or dresser in your bedroom to add color in addition to fragrance. If strong scents and allergies bother you, use essential oils to add fragrance. Mix fragrant oils with water in a spray bottle and spritz the scent into the air or on linens.
- Eat right. It’s best to finish eating at least two to three hours before bedtime. Refrain from eating heavy meals before bed to avoid a disruptive sleep due to upset stomach or indigestion. Instead, eat a full, healthy breakfast to help steer your eating habits in the right direction throughout the day. Try a breakfast of oatmeal with fruit or create a smoothie loaded with vegetables.
- Evaluate your room. Keeping your bedroom at a cool temperature is especially important during warmer months. Now is the time to invest in a new ceiling fan or air conditioner to establish the right conditions you need for sleep. Removing distractions, such as television and noise, will allow you to get a peaceful night of sleep. Don’t forget a comfortable mattress and bedding! Not only will the proper mattress give you the support you need, but it will be free of allergens that might affect your sleep quality.
Remember, there’s no better time for a Wellness Reboot than right now. How are you kick-starting your wellness this spring? For more ways to Spring into Sleep, visit our latest Pinterest board.
It’s been five months and now we can say it; spring is here!
Your mind may be ready for spring, but is your bedroom? Get your bedroom ready for spring with these ideas:
- Get Going on Spring Cleaning — Start fresh by cleaning the areas of your bedroom you normally may skip. Start with your closet and donate clothes you no longer wear. Remember to switch out your winter clothing and while you’re there, reorganize it so you can find everything you need. Dust areas you typically might skip over like lamp shades and headboards or footboards. Swap out flannel linens with light, breathable cottons and pack away those heavy blankets.
- Rotate Your Mattress — Get the most out of your mattress by rotating it seasonally or as needed. Mattress foams and fibers will experience normal wear over time. Rotating helps keep your mattress feeling like new! While rotating it, vacuum your mattress to keep it clean, and wash your mattress protector or purchase a new one.
- Cool Down As It Heats Up — To get the best night of sleep in warmer months, try replacing your linens with lighter, more breathable fabrics. Set-up a bedside fan if you find you need a constant flow of air. Don’t be afraid to kick out the kids or pets, and make sure you have enough space from your partner. Added body heat is sure to make you sleep warmer.
- Bring the Living In — Spruce up your bedroom with fresh flowers, or add a plant to breathe new life into your room.
Put these ideas into practice and your bedroom will be ready for spring and feeling happy!
In today’s technology-savvy world, it’s normal to fall asleep with the television on while your phone charges next to you. But did you know that electronic devices are a leading cause of poor sleep habits among parents and children?
The National Sleep Foundation 2014 Sleep in America ® Poll discovered that sleep quality diminished if electronics are left on overnight. People are more susceptible to having trouble falling asleep due to the bright light and are more likely to wake up in the middle of the night.
According to the poll, of the 48% of parents who report they sometimes leave one or more “active” electronic devices – tablet or smartphone, laptop or desktop computer, and/or video game – on after falling asleep, 57% say their child does the same.
To get the best rest possible, Serta challenges you to take the Give It a Rest Pledge!
Pledge to give your electronics a rest before bed and improve your sleep habits.
I pledge to turn off my television or computer at least two hours before going to sleep.
I will silence my phone while sleeping and remove it from my quiet space.
I will encourage others to take the Give It a Rest Pledge and improve their sleep habits.
I will set an example for my children to put down the electronics before bed.
No matter how many obstacles I face, I will continue to work diligently on my journey to improve my sleep habits.
The sweepstakes will run from March 7, 2014, through March 21, 2014, exclusively on Serta’s Facebook page, where additional details and Official Rules can be found.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Serta Give It a Rest Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Serta, Inc., 2600 Forbs Ave., Hoffman Estates, IL 60192. The Sweepstakes begins at 10 a.m. CST on 3/7/14, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CDT on 3/21/14. The Sweepstakes is open only to persons who, at the time of entry, are 18 years or older and legal residents of the 50 United States, DC, and Canada (excluding Quebec). Odds of being selected for a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries. Limit one entry per person. Approximate Retail Value of all prizes is $2,898. For Official Rules visit http://bit.ly/Nx4yvL.
We are celebrating Sleep Awareness Week with the National Sleep Foundation all week long! We’ll be sharing sleep tips and facts to keep you feeling well-rested and ready for a great night of sleep.
With Daylight Saving Time just around the corner, it’s time to start preparing your body for the change that will be taking place. Your mind will know there’s a time change, but it will take your body a bit of adjusting.
Start to prepare your body over the weekend by gradually making modifications. Start to head to bed 15 minutes early a few days before the change. This method will prevent a shock to your body when it loses an hour of sleep.
Be prepared for the feelings after the time change takes place. It may be difficult for your body to adjust to the longer daylight, so balance the light and dark by opening your shades in the morning and dimming your lights when it gets dark. This will help your body know that it’s time to get ready for sleep.
Know that Monday is going to be tough. While the actual time change occurs on Sunday at 2 a.m., Monday morning is when most people feel the effects. As if Mondays weren’t tough enough already! Be prepared by going to sleep on time on Sunday, and take a short walk on Monday around midday.
Use these tips as you prepare for Daylight Saving Time. Follow us on Facebook for more sleep tips and facts this week.
Love is in the air and Serta is ready to celebrate! Did you know psychologists have shown it takes between 90 seconds and 4 minutes to decide if you like someone? To celebrate the special people in your life, take some time, between 90 seconds and 4 minutes, and make a plan to incorporate these ideas into your Valentine’s Day celebrations.
- For your special someone…Breakfast in bed – Surprise your loved one with a special Valentine’s Day breakfast. Embrace the reds and pinks of the season and serve strawberries, raspberries, or pomegranate seeds. Heart-shaped pancakes or waffles help spread the theme or use food coloring to dye them red or pink! Don’t forget to include fresh flowers and a chocolate treat for later in the day.
- For your kids…Heart curtain – Surprise your children with a heart curtain dangling outside their bedroom door. Write sweet messages or reasons you love them on paper hearts and hang outside their bedroom door. They’ll wake up to a loving surprise.
- For your friends…Party with friends – Embrace your single status and throw a party with friends! Snack on sweet heart-themed treats, make Valentine’s Day crafts, and toast to love and friendship with champagne.
- For yourself…Treat yourself – What’s the one thing you’ve been lusting after? Enjoy a trip to a spa, a new pair of shoes, or a delicious meal at your favorite restaurant. Celebrate you and pamper yourself this Valentine’s Day!
Whether you are celebrating your friends, your family, or yourself, show someone you care this Valentine’s Day and end the day by saying “Goodnight Sweetheart.” For more ideas on celebrating Valentine’s Day visit our Pinterest board.
We’re spreading the love with our Sweetest Sleep Giveaway. From February 4, 2014 through February 14, 2014, we’re giving away a Serta iComfort® 2–in–1 Scrunch Pillow™ made with hundreds of Cool Action™ gel memory foam cushions every day!
Each day you have the chance to win a Serta iComfort 2-in-1 Scrunch Pillow and be entered to win our Sleep Accessory Comfort Package grand prize containing gifts perfect for spending Valentine’s Day in comfort. On February 17, the grand prize will be given to one sweet winner. The Sleep Accessory Comfort Package will contain a queen size iComfort 2-in-1 Scrunch Pillow, a Sleep to Go™ Luxury Fleece Blanket, a gourmet chocolate basket, and a $50 gift card.
Embrace the season of love by entering today!
To enter, participants must visit the Serta Facebook page and fill out the entry form. One winner will be chosen every day!
The sweepstakes will run from February 4, 2014 through February 14, 2014, exclusively on Serta’s Facebook page, where additional details and Official Rules will be found.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Serta’s Sweetest Sleep Giveaway Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Serta Inc., 2600 Forbs Avenue, Hoffman Estates, IL 60192. Sweepstakes is not sponsored by Facebook, Inc. Sweepstakes begins at 10:00 a.m. CST on February 4, 2014, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on February 14, 2014. Legal residents of the 50 United States, and the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are the age of majority or older are eligible to enter. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Total approximate retail value of all prizes is $1,098. For the Official Rules visit http://bit.ly/1imPsU1.
It’s almost one month into 2014, how are you doing with your New Year’s Resolution? The year started with hopeful outlooks, determined missions, and promises to eat better, stop smoking, or get more sleep. What’s your status update?
If you’ve fallen off the wagon (or haven’t started yet), it’s not too late! Here are three tips to keep your motivation up and your New Year’s Resolutions going all year.
1. Set a schedule
Getting into a routine sounds easier than it is. Make a point to set a specific time each day to work on your resolution. By making your resolution part of your daily routine, or omitting what you want to stop from your daily routine, it becomes part of your day. When you skip a day, it will feel out of place. Another part of your schedule is thinking in the long-term. Create small goals on the way to meeting your bigger goal to feel accomplishments throughout the year.
It’s a few weeks into the New Year and by now, you may be feeling discouraged about your resolution. Maybe you haven’t started your resolution yet or maybe you’re realizing how challenging it will be. Regardless, don’t let it get you down. Start by analyzing your resolution and making realistic adjustments if needed. Setbacks are going to happen, but remember that they are part of the process.
3. Get additional help
Life is better with a buddy. Pick a friend, co-worker, family member or join a support group to amp up your resolutions. For example, if your resolution is to get more sleep, encourage your partner to go to sleep with you at the same time. Getting on schedule together will help you meet your goal.
Remember to stick with it and soon you’ll be meeting your goals. What advice do you have to continue with a New Year’s Resolution?
Children’s bedrooms are more than just where they sleep. It is also where their creativity expands to fight dragons, draw and color, play dress-up, and have sweet dreams. Their bedrooms become a special space where they learn responsibility and have control over their environment, two important steps in their development.
Here are a few bedroom design ideas to bring your children’s imagination to life and make them feel special:
- A chalkboard wall gives children the benefit of a large drawing space to inspire creativity. If you want a smaller chalkboard, consider half a wall or a door. Simply paint chalkboard paint as you would regular paint. This inspiring décor provides an opportunity for solo play and quiet time or a place to leave sweet messages. A bonus is the easy clean-up and maintenance.
- If your children share a room, use a similar color palette but divide a portion of the room using a curtain or furniture so each child has their own individual special space. Allow each child to choose their own bedding within the color scheme to showcase their personality.
- Hang their artwork using frames, wires, or corkboard. Displaying their paintings, drawings, and crafts makes children proud of the work they have done.
- Create a cozy corner filled with book shelves, lots of pillows, and blankets to encourage reading and quiet time. They will love to cuddle up in their special nook.
- Make the space their own by incorporating their interests and hobbies. Get their input on color schemes and decorations. Asking children what they would like to see in their room gives them pride for their space and the motivation to keep it tidy and in good condition.
For more inspiration for your children’s bedrooms, visit our Pinterest board.
Holiday Survival Guide (Part 4): Five Surprising Facts You Should Know About Sleep for Your Better Sleep Resolution
According to the National Sleep Foundation, the most common reason people feel excessively tired is self-imposed sleep deprivation. To help you live healthier in 2014, we’ve compiled five surprising facts you should know about sleep for your Better Sleep Resolution:
1. If you’re not getting enough sleep, you are more likely to have a bigger appetite. Leptin is an appetite-regulating hormone and when it decreases from a lack of sleep, your appetite increases. If your resolution is to lose weight, getting enough sleep plays a key role.
2. Snoring disrupts approximately 90 million American adults. Snoring may seem harmless, but it could be a symptom of sleep apnea, a life threatening sleep disorder. If you wake frequently throughout the night gasping for breath and snore loudly with pauses in the snoring, consult a physician.
3. Sleep patterns may change as we age, but the amount of sleep needed does not. Most healthy adults need seven to nine hours of sleep each night.
4. If you wake in the middle of the night and after 20 minutes still cannot fall back to sleep, it is best to get out of bed, go to another room, and read or listen to music. Avoid looking at the clock and when you are sleepy, return to bed.
5. Regular exercise will help you to fall asleep easier and sleep better. However, exercising right before bed or exercising irregularly will make falling asleep more challenging.
How will you get better sleep in 2014? Start by determining if your mattress and pillows are comfortable and supportive. Make sleep a priority and stick to your sleep schedule even on the weekends. Remember to put away electronics and turn off the television at least an hour before bed.
What’s your 2014 Better Sleep Resolution?