Do you find yourself occasionally tossing and turning at night because it’s just too hot? To keep your cool even on the warmest days of the year, try these helpful pointers:
- Keep your bedroom dark: To prevent heat build-up during the day, keep your blinds closed so the sun is not beaming into your bedroom. The more sunlight you have in your room, the hotter it will become.
- Lower the temperature: Air conditioning is ideal for those hot summer nights and can quickly cool your room down. If turning up the A/C is not an option, add a small fan to your bedroom or open your windows to create a cool breeze.
- Take a shower or bath: After being in the heat all day, the last thing you want to do is jump into bed feeling hot and sweaty. Before you go to sleep, take a refreshing shower to lower your body temperature.
- Wear light, comfortable clothes: Put away the heavy, flannel pajamas. Wear light, breathable clothing to prevent your clothes from sticking to you.
- Evaluate your mattress: Make sure you are sleeping on a comfortable mattress that is designed to dissipate heat and whisk it away from the body. For instance, Serta’s new iComfort Directions™ mattresses feature four exclusive technologies designed to balance comfort, support and temperature regulation.
For more advice on how to get a better night’s sleep – even during the hottest months of the year – check out the National Sleep Foundation’s article, “Sleeping When it is Blistering Hot” and share your personal tips in the comments below.
Comments are closed.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.